0

Romance Abounds: My JT



I met a guy once in Jr. High.  He was the older brother of a friend of mine, and I always saw him at youth group functions and summer days on the lake.  When he smiled, he looked exactly like Justin Timberlake, and had some serious skateboard skills.  He knew how to dance and was adorably protective of his little sister, in the way that drives preteen girls wild.  Of course by my 13 year old perception, he had no idea I was alive.  Then one night, our youth group spent our weekly meeting at the neighborhood rollerskate rink.  You know, disco lights, YMCA, chicken dance, the whole deal.  NSYNC’s “God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You” started overhead (I know! best song ever!), and they announced the couples skate.  I was being dragged onto the rink by the little Germ that was following me around at the time, and thus I was bemoaning my very existence.  From behind, my JT whizzed up between us, breaking our handhold. 
Excuse me”, he declared. 
                                                     “But she should be skating with me.

He grabbed my hand (the boyfriend way!!) and basically dragged me around the rink for the remaining four minutes.  I merely tried my best to maintain consciousness through the song.  Even now, my heartbeat quickens in remembrance.  Logically, I bet he was sent to save me by my meddling Mean Girl friends.  But man, it was romantic as hell.  


Feeling nostalgic?  Wanna read this again while being serenaded?  Well I would not deny you that. 

0 comments:

Back to Top