0

Romance Abounds: The Jacket Man




{credit}
Hey Girl,  Aren't You Freezing?


I met a guy once at a dinner party.  He was the best friend of my best friend's fella and, unbeknownst to both of us, the entire gang had been scheming this set up for months.  He was sweet, goofy, and completely unaware of his own boyish charm.  He had terrible taste in music and no sense of style.  Still, I thought he was darling and was taken by his sheepish glances in my direction.  After our meal, two of girls decided we wanted to head downtown to go dancing.  He requested to come along (good move, man.).  As we stood outside in the crisp Fall night awaiting admittance into the club, I was shaking and shivering in my skirt and tights.  With a very apparent twinkle in his eye, he turned to me with his hands in his coat pockets.
 "Come here."
                 He smiled, and opened his coat for me to join him in.  I wrapped my arms around him, and he wrapped his jacket around both of us.  He swayed us around on the sidewalk, and I completely forgot about how I always roll my eyes at everything.

Now, when I think about it, it makes me laugh at how easily I fell for that move.  Then I roll my eyes.

0 comments:

Back to Top