0

You know what's Great?

Meeting an old friend in a new place, sharing a lovely meal together, and taking a picture to capture the moment....in a parking garage.
This is Sarah, and her mom, Margie. A parking garage photo really just says it all for us. When Sarah and I are together, we can rarely get our crap together....but we always have sooo much fun.
Sarah and I lived together one summer during the college years (so she says; 'and everyone wanted to be our friend.'). She, her mom and bf came to KC for a weekend visiting family as I was finishing up my assignment. She got me thinking about all of my favorite friends, which led to the realization that for those favorites, it's always love at first sight.
I seem to know what I like, and can spot a kindred spirit from afar. Any of my closest friends I became close to quickly. We meet, exchange some friendly fire, and BOOM, I want you in the club. The oldest friend I have, Andrea, and I met in the fourth grade. We hated each other for a minute, and then were inseparable for years. TL and I met the first day of high school in math class, and knew everything about each other by the time that bell rang. Kirsten and I met while I was working at Sacred Heart. I just liked her based on what I could tell from the 7 minutes I occasionally spent giving her report at the beginnings and ends of my shift. Sheriann and I decided we were soulmates after one blubbering art class enroller (me) needed to be talked off of her edge by one entirely too calm accounting major (her). There are a million more examples.
I actually don't remember how Sarah and I met, but it must have been fun because I moved into her house about a month later.
What can I say? I know what I like!
Love Love Love

0 comments:

Back to Top