0

This Little House of Mine.

To add to this month's excitation, I've decided that I need to become a homeowner. You may remove your jaws from the ground. No, I have not had any epiphanies, I haven't wised up, or decided to settle down. I'm not homesick, and this desperado will at no near juncture, come to her senses. I haven't been out riding fences for too long yet.
HOWEVER.
The current financial sitch in the Bank ala Mingni is this: I need to either a) get married (sans current options), b) buy a house, or c) get knocked up. Oy.

The decision was made based on my not loathing Bachelor Number Two, and not even being able to want to guess what's behind Doors A and C.

So here we are.

Did you know that house hunting individuals commonly find themselves in need of sedation? No? oh.
Well I am, and not even from making the decision to embark on this task. I thought the anxiety of putting on my big girl pants and meeting with a lender was just enough.
"Excuse me miss, but may I have large sums of your funds with which to purchase a property to store my off-season clothing?" I'm just glad no one laughed and sent me to the candy dish on my way out the door. Shockingly, I was pre qualified in mere minutes and given permission to start the Hunt. Xanax?

So began my search. With my abundant (f)unemployment free time, I have spent entire afternoons driving around Spokane with my darling realtor, while perusing homes and trying to make an adult judgment call. Meanwhile, I listen in on (and maybe participate in?)the headgames, the drama, and the fakeouts that govern the real estate business. "oh well, we were thinking of making an offer, but really you should know that your house sucks because of x, y, and z. So can we have it for like, twenty bucks?" I try to not barf.

and then I found it. Just as I thought I couldn't stomach another coffin/kitchen, scary basement or mermaid themed bathroom, I come across this little cottage. It's adorable. Small, clean, and updated. Hardwood floors, wide kitchen, tons of counterspace. I sum up any and all maturity I can muster and put an offer on this sweet little rancher in a great neighborhood on a darling street.

The owners won't budge. They're in over their heads and need some stupid person who doesn't care about money and has a lot of it to pay a ridiculous amount of money on their home. Even though I can afford it, this house can't be worth as much as their asking! They're asking me to take on their financial burden and place myself in the muckfest that they have found themselves in. They don't know who they're dealing with. They don't realize my dad is probably in the asian mob.

So I said "seeyuh" and am reinstating the hunt. Homebuying is stressful.

0 comments:

Back to Top