0

One More Thing.




I finished up in KC, I sweated it out in Spokane, I got an assignment in T-Town. The last task? Fly back to Kansas City to retrieve my things and drive my poor Marsha back to Washington. UUURRRRRRGGGGHHH. 27.5 hours, 1600 miles, seven states in tow days. Most of the times I really look forward to and relish my long drives between assignments, but this trip was something else. First of all, I like the nervous excitement of driving to a new place, and going through States I probably haven't seen before. I like seeing the quirky signs, the foliage, and the scenic turnouts. This drive, I've done before. My destination is home. Yawn. Plus it was just so damn long! To add insult to serious injury, I was caught in a snow storm for four hours driving across South Dakota. To begin with, I had to drive across South Dakota. The snow storm was not necessary, I was being punished enough already. I ended up having toe drive 40mph in the dark, and added two hours to my journey. Nevertheless my poor attitude was lifted when I entered Montana and all that is glorious about the PNW.

0 comments:

Back to Top