0

With Much Ado.

After nearly a month of fussing about, I can announce that my next assignment will be working at Mary Bridge's Children's hospital in Tacoma, WA. I know, cue shock. I had previously been huffing and puffing to get an assignment on the East Coast, and I actually came close. I was offered an assignment in the wonderful NYC, which fell through. I was passed over for an even more wonderful assignment in DC. I declined an assignment in Hartford, CT.... because I was just unenthusiastic about night shifts, being on call, and probably Connecticut. So I dropped everything and just flew home to wait out my (f)unemployment. Ten days went by with no leads. Anxiety begins to brew. Just as I was horrifiedly starting to consider that job I rejected months ago in Arkansas, I get a call from an agency I have never worked with. Tacoma. Children's Hospital. Day shift. Housing Stipend. March 15th start date. I liked hearing all of these words and had the agency send the hospital my profile. This was about 1000. By 1500, I had interviewed and was given a verbal offer. By 0900 the next day, I had a contract in my hand, ready to be signed and faxed over. Yes, that's how fast it happens. and yes, I love it.

My assignment end date is TBD, so I dont really know how long I will be in WA. In the meantime, I will be living with Aunt Terry and Uncle Steve, this lovely pair pictured above. Genetically, they belong to TL. But we share, and I claim them as if they're my own. I went with them and others to Thailand last year. They're among the most awesome people I know. They live on this unbelievable farm east of Seattle and I can't wait to be roomies and gather round the coffee maker every morning. Yes, it's going to be a long commute but if you give it some perspective, you see that this is the best arrangement. I only work three days a week, and the other four I will be spending in Seattle playing with my friends and on the farm anyway. SO I will spend more days a week not driving. and there's a beach.

Come play with me, dear ones. Love Love Love.

0 comments:

Back to Top