0

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious




I desperately needed a break from the job/apt business yesterday.
So I hopped the 1 train downtown and got off at the Christopher/Sheridan stop, in the middle of Greenwich Village. I spent my morning wandering aimlessly for blocks, stopping to go into quirky/inappropriately named boutiques, watching the chess players in Washington Square Park, and laugh at the squawky dogs in the dogpark. I enviously watched NYU students come in and out of campus buildings, chattering excitedly about the impending weekend. Damn, I should have gone there.
After grabbing lunch at the cutest campus cafe ever, I walked through the neighborhoods and admired the brownstones. I want to buy one. Better yet, I want AIG to buy me one. I hear they think they have some cash to throw around. Brownstones are more important than spa days.

After lunch, I was still in Molly Ringwald mode and decided I needed to see a show, stat. The winner was Mary Poppins! So then I wandered Midtown until curtain time.

It was magical.
I was such a doof, I could hardly wipe the goofy grin off of my face until I was outside the theatre after it was all over.
I have been to five B'way shows now, this theatre was by far the most beautiful I have seen.
The chimney sweeps tap danced to StepnTime.
Mary Poppins flies over the audience.
The sets were amazing, truly. My jaw dropped more than once. or ten times.
Maybe the nursing thing really isnt what I was meant for......

0 comments:

Back to Top