0

My Anti Drug.


I've been feeling blurgh the last few weeks.  I did a whirlwind two weeks of wedding, running up to Portland, through Naselle/Astoria, back to Portland, working in LA three straight days, and red eye to Detroit for five days.  I was exhausted, and fell ill for the first week I was back.  I was bummed about the state of my acting pursuit, my putting it on hold while I travel all summer.... but really I think it's an excuse for the inevitable.  Im gearing up for the day that I meet with agents, managers etc and I get the:
 "there's just not a huge market for the sassy asian best friend.  are you willing to blow up your chest/whittle your waist/dye your hair blonde/hold products while scantily clad?"
It's the part of the industry I've been trying to avoid, and for now its been possible to just take classes, feed my enjoyment, and pretend like it's all just for fun.  The truth of the matter is, if I'm gonna be serious about this, I gotta be willing to hear a lot of nonsense.  I've already advanced in my class, and have been moved to the advanced acting class.  I gotta make something happen soon.  Gulp.

So my medicine for dealing with self pressure and self loathing is getting outside.  I gotta make the time to galavant about in the hills.  There's a reason why Hollywood is where it is.  So that all of the tightly wound industry types can unclench and gain some perspective.

Love Love Love.

0 comments:

Back to Top