0

backstory.


{before the hair disaster and time crunch: psht, I dont need food.  I'm great.}

So, as you might imagine, there were definitely some tears, sniffling, and choking up throughout that performance.  and, of course, I'm talking about me.

But the other half of the story is one that illustrates the timeline of a wedding day.

On the actual day,  there are just not enough minutes.  I had never been THAT involved in a wedding before; there was hair to be done, I had to run to get flowers last minute, the bride and I tag teamed her makeup, and oh yeah.  the hair situation was a disaster.  most everybody had to get their hair re-done, and I was just anal enough for the job.  this, of course, is all on top of getting dressed, showering, etc etc for an army of people.

The only reason why all of this is relevant is so that you understand that I didn't have anything to eat ALL day.

In fact, the first time I got to even really sit down without an impeding task was when the ceremony was over, while the wedding party was  all in the party bus, waiting for the bride and groom to take their photos.

Know what happens when the boys get put in charge of stocking the party bus?  Gin and pretzels.  Heavy on the gin.  So by the time we rolled up to the reception, my world was swimming around me.  I don't really recall performing the dance that I choreographed, or sitting down and eating dinner.

Cut to toast time: the wedding planner gracefully approaches me, puts one hand on my shoulder to steady my body and says "we're doing toasts.  are you ready?"

"uh, hell no.  I need like.... chwenty meenutes.  aaaand shome wadah.    aaaaaand for everyone to hold still so I can shee shtraight...."  
quelle trainwreck.   she leans me up against a wall and flits off, to return with a handful of dinner rolls.

"eat these.  NOW.  you're on in fifteen."

So.  I think there's another toast in order.  Here's to me, and the fact that I rallied enough to not make an ass of myself in front of 200 of the glittering couple's closest friends and family.












 yeeaaaaah. the toast was a triumph for me. Doncha want me to toast at your nuptials, too?

Love Love Love.

0 comments:

Back to Top