0

Movie Mojo

{photo source}
This is a story about second looks.

Once, I met a guy.  I did not like him.  He and a bunch of his friends were staying in the same place as my friend and I, and we met in a common area after both parties happened to pour themselves in for the night at the same time.  As we exchanged late night conversation and notes on our journeys, I found myself increasingly irritated by his very presence.  He was your typical bro, show boat-y and loud.  He interrupted everyone, outdo-ing every story and comment.  He rambled, he over-gestured.  I could smell his overcompensation but definitely wasn't interested in finding out the source of his insecurities.  I'm just trying to have a good time, Bro.  I found myself so annoyed that I begged to bed quickly, smiling at the others as I ducked out of the room to escape.

Well, a few days later, we ran into him on our way out of town.  We had a few hours before flying out, and was headed to the airport to drop our car off.  He asked if he could tag along, as he was flying out at the same time.  Well, we're not jerks, so he piled himself and his bags into our car and came with to the airport.  Once there, we had several hours to kill before our flights, sitting at the airport coffeeshop.  During that time, he was calmer.  While he still squawked out the occasional douche-y quip, he was mostly just conversational and chatty.  As it turns out, he's been through a lot and led quite a life.  As the three of us sat there laughing and sharing stories, I hated him less and less until I really only hated him a little (the douche-y squawking).  I actually kind of had some warm fuzzies toward him, he was kinda sweet.  He teased my stubborn independence and shamelessly flirted, finding excuses to touch or say nice things.

So then, we were left alone.  My friend had silly-ly left some liquids in her carry on, and was sent back to the counter to check that bag.  So the two of us proceeded through security, and down a long escalator to the gates.  After we reached the point of splitting ways, I, in ever Mingni fashion, flippantly shrugged and told him:

 "Well, safe flight.  Nice to meet you, maybe I'll catch ya somewhere around the world..."

He suggested that we should try to meet up somewhere on another trip.  I again shrugged and told him, "I guess you never know?"  (gerd, i'm the wooooorst)

So off I walked, and as soon as I reached my gate, I groaned at myself.  Of course I shouldn't have left it like that.  We had a fun day together, and he was really sweet to me.  Damn my foolish pride!  The nagging was quite a bother, and after a few minutes (ahem, seconds) I walked back to the bottom of the escalator to where we split.  I don't know what I thought, maybe I would see him?  No idea what I would have done if I did, but I couldn't see him anywhere, and was certainly not going to chase him to his gate, so I settled my mind and decided to just wait there for my friend to follow.

Well, not three minutes later, Dr. Bro comes strolling back to the very spot I was standing.  He apparently made a quick trip to the loo and also felt the need to redo our goodbye.  I laughed and watched him squirm to make small talk, barely making eye contact as I stood in front of him, leaned against a wall.  After roughly 90 seconds of watching him not look at me, I got the message.  I also felt like I wanted to throw him a bone.  So, I backed up against the wall with my arms crossed (brattily), raised one eyebrow and barked,

"Just do it.  I dare you." (i'm still the worst here)

Dr. Bro got that message.  He lept at me and laid one on me good.  I suddenly forgot that we were in the international terminal of a busy airport, and just let this Bro grab my face and pull me close.

Maybe I just needed to be kissed.  Maybe I think all first kisses should happen in an airport.  Maybe I just kiss people I hate.  Maybe I've seen too much Love Actually.  However the motive, I guess I just thought I'd never see him again, and that (single) people should just kiss people when they think of it.  You guys, I have no answers.... just balls.



0 comments:

Back to Top