0

Like a Dog After a Bath.

{WHAT IS THIS FEELING.}
So, this is a weird thing.

I feel.... good?

I've recently come down with a bout of gratefulness.  Hold on, everyone, we just don't know if it will last. 

I have no idea how this happened, and it certainly isn't like me, but the combination of everything right in my life has somehow made me smile in the mornings and laugh even more throughout the day.  It used to be that I really only laughed inappropriately to cope with my grumpy thoughts (drama).  Now I find myself laughing because I am....laughing.

I find myself to be insufferable.

The realization came about a month ago.  I don't know what spurred it, but it seemed that a few moments of clarity revealed to me that, while I don't have even close to everything that I want, I HAVE A FUCKING LOT.

I have a gainful job that I keeps me in contact with real humans that need me.

I have a killer apartment, in a killer neighborhood.

I have silly and sweet friends who always want dinner and will bring wine.

I have talents that I like.  I LIKE that I do comedy.  I LIKE that I cook.  I LIKE that I play a bit of guitar and can harmonize to the radio.  I genuinely enjoy my own company.

I have an arsenal of stories from my short life thus far.  Some will shock you, some will make you cry.  I could sit at a campfire for weeks and tell you stories about traveling the world, kissing wild men, life, death, and so much in between.

I have friends to call family, and enough family to call.

I'm sorry for the interruption of the snarky blog of complaints.  I just always make myself be honest here, and right now I am honestly the most content I have felt in years, maybe if ever.  Whatever is causing it, we should also send to the Middle East, and infuse it into goverment officials' offices.

0 comments:

Back to Top