Put it in a Puzzle.

So. My mighty explanation for why this blog did little to address my tidings of comfort and joyis because, in my world, there was no holiday season this year. Poor planning, work schedule, and ridiculous flight fares grounded me from the merriment. Bah Humbug. I was thus stuck in Kansas City with the Poufball, snowed in and with a severe case of cabin fever. I found myself throwing a tennis ball against my living room wall all just to expel excess energy. My solution? Puzzle. A wonderful, 1000 piece colorful cardboard time waster. You know what's great about puzzles? I'll tell you, AOM style. Behold~~
Top Ten Puzzle Lessons for Life:
1. Be orderly. Complete the basic outline, work your way to the complex.
2. Invest time. Focus.
3. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will your puzzle be.
4. Use the help provided. Look at the box, pay attention to details.
5. Don't forget the big picture. Occasionally step back and gaze.
6. Don't fall for the fake out. Often there are pieces that fit, but 'aren't convincing'. If you wonder if it's the right piece together, it isn't.
7. Find a friend. By the end, I needed a fresh set of eyes.
8. Set yourself up for success. Turn the lights on. Put on your sweats. Separate the pieces.
9. It's ok to be proud of your accomplishments, to want to glue that puzzle together and hang it on the wall.
10. ..... but it's also good to appreciate the journey more, and just let your roommate dump the pieces back into the box 15 minutes after you finish it.

Love Love Love.

1 comments:

amy said...

very nice. very insightful, and I applaud you for writing it down. I too often think of this clever crap and just let it melt into the spaces between the bumps in my brain. And that's where they stay. :) HAPPY NEW YEARS WOMAN!

Back to Top