0

along the open road.

My ass drove to Salt Lake City today.  I'm staying with Stace's parents for the night (what up Piggotts) Talk about urban sprawl.  sheesh.  It was definitely bittersweet driving away from home sweet Liberty Lake.  Those who have done any driving/goodbyes with me know that I was having myself a little fall apart for the first hour.  I treated with 90s Mariah Carey therapy.  Voice is hoarse/barely audible, but no more tears.  The drive was beautiful.  Surprisingly sunny the entire way.  
I had so much fun at home these last three weeks.  Weird.  It almost makes me uncomfortable to think that I enjoyed home so much, especially since I'm usually plotting my escape whilst there.  
I feel really good about having all this time to myself to drive.  It's cleansing or something.  Besides, I get to wail as loud as I want while truck drivers gawk.  I've another long drive tomorrow, through Utah and AZ into Phoenix.  I'm sure I will be needing more Mariah in my life.  Marsha likes it.

I miss you all.

Currently listening to: "waiting in vain" by annie lennox.  over and over again.  never gets old.  

0 comments:

Back to Top